Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gaming Weekend

I am not a gamer!!! I haven't been into any type of console gaming since the good ol'days of old school Mario Brothers. Once the games turned 3 dimensional I lost all interest - and skill. I have heard many conversations of how fun Guitar Hero and Rock Bank are and addictive. I always brushed it off.

Jake's brother bought Rock Bank for the Xbox 360 this weekend and brought it over to our house. After a little persuasion I agreed to be the singer. Yikes!! I am as tone deaf as you can be! It wasn't long until I was told maybe I should try one of the instruments. Suttle way of telling me that I'm a very poor singer.

Both Jake and Tyson had tried to drum and neither of them could get the hang of it. Since they were both playing the guitars (bass & lead) they thought I should take a stab at the drums. It took a few songs, but I started to get the hang of them.

This all started on Saturday late afternoon. Next thing I knew it was 1:30 in the morning!!!! Yikes, time to go to bed. Falling asleep I saw the beat colors all night.

Sunday woke up late and we started playing again. I took breaks to work on laundry and do the dishes. I even took a break to take a quick shower and get dressed. 9:00 to 3:00, with the short breaks.

OK I'm addicted!! Good thing that it isn't our game and that Tyson took it home with him.

We did accomplish a few other things this weekend before and after the game feast. Did some Christmas shopping on Saturday. Had a great visit from a friend and her family - so glad they came to visit and see our new house. Sunday evening we even put up our Christmas tree and all the snowmen decor.

I'm exhausted and my arms are killing me from pretending to drum for hours on end. I guess that I have to change my views on some of the console gaming.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Oh No!!!!! Well, I guess it is like they say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"!!! Apparently you joined 'em!
Heather C