Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nicotine Free

I guess now is as good as time as any to be able to "announce" that I now can consider myself a non-smoker!! I have been without any form of nicotine for 2 1/2 weeks. That's no cigarettes, no patch, no lozenge, no gum.

I have been struggling to quit on and off for years, but tried to get real serious about it a year or so ago. I wasn't having much luck. I would get down to 1-3 a day and then would go back up.

I've ended up going cold turkey. On a previous post I told about going to the human bodies display in Vegas on Valentines Day. What I didn't mention is that they had a couple of examples of healthy and cancerous lungs. Also at the end of the exhibition they also had a cancerous lung that had been preserved and you could actually hold to see what the organs feel like after the preservation process.

So officially my last cigarette or nicotine of any sort was on February 14th. I haven't had anything since. My cravings for nicotine is starting to go away, so I guess now I can call myself a non-smoker!!!

I'm very proud of myself and Jake is pretty proud of me as well. I already feel like I can breath a little easier.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you Peg! You should be proud of yourself, that is huge! I am proud of you too!!!!

Sally said...

Yay! That is the best news I have heard for such a long time. I love you Peg and am excited for you to conquer this in your life. Good job!

Katie Dotson said...

WOOHOO!
I am so happy for you Peggy! Keep going! I love you!

djzmcallister said...

Congrats Peggy that is so awesome. Also another congrats, TAX SEASON IS OVER.